As many business owners know, Black Friday can either be a goldmine or scrape in a few pennies. Here is our checklist of tips to help you:
Make sure your...
- ...site is free of 404 errors.
- ...SSL certificate and shopping cart are working correctly.
- ...coupon codes work correctly.
- ...deal is clear and easily remembered.
- ...promotion is listed in coupon sites (RetailMeNot, Groupon, etc.)
- ...support systems (phone, email, etc.) are working.
- ...website has enough bandwidth to handle a larger influx of visitors.
When Black Friday comes...
- ...post on social media.
- ...post again and/or multiple times during the day.
- ...properly hashtag the post(s).
- ...check any coupon sites and make sure your deal is showing.
- ...fulfill orders as quickly as you can.
- ...be available to answer customer questions or tickets.
When it's over...
- ...write a follow-up post, Tweet, etc.
- ...make sure any pending orders are completed.
- ...check your site bandwidth usage so that you aren't over your plan.
- ...make sure you've answered any and all customer inquiries.
- ...(optional) send a welcome email out to Black Friday purchasers.
Side Note: We are prepared to switch any of our customers from Shared hosting over to Business hosting for extra space/bandwidth, you can then switch back the next month or continue with the Business hosting benefits (like automatic WordPress updates).